Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Social Media Marketing – 5 Reliable Tips for Small Businesses


In this day and age, you may hardly find any business that is not active on social media. But it takes more than just creating an account on a platform in order for a brand to gain decent traction.

It has been estimated that the number of active social media users will go up to 257 million by the year 2023. So, social media is a wonderful area of opportunity for those who know what they are doing.

Let’s dive into the techniques, tips, and strategies you can utilize to double your brand’s social media growth and build a profitable audience.

Have a Plan in Place

Before you set up a social media account for your business, make sure you draft a realistic plan to follow for maximum growth. List your goals, short-term and long-term, and decide what your profile would look like.

Make sure your listed goals are in accordance with the SMART framework. The goals you set should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Bound. 

Composing a social media calendar for your business is also helpful in regulating content posting and keeping your name at the forefront of consumers’ minds.

Carry Out an Audit

If you already have a social media account for your brand, you should conduct a thorough audit to analyze your current efforts.

You can reach out to a professional for an in-depth evaluation of your social media account or you can use an online checklist/template to do this.

Study the Competition

Take some time to learn what your competitors are doing. Note how they are interacting with their audience, what their content is like, what their profile’s engagement rate is, and what they are doing differently to win followers.

Remember: Taking inspiration from others is absolutely fine, but do not copy anything. Get creative and construct your own unique brand identity on social media.

Choose Platforms Wisely

There are lots of social platforms available on the web to choose from, but you have to dedicate time to only those where your target customers spend most of their time.

For example, if you are targeting adults aged 65 and above, you might want to opt for Facebook or YouTube. But if your brand is more geared towards targeting young adults of ages 18-24, you might want to go for Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, or TikTok.

To make the correct decision, you have to know your ideal consumer very well. Looking into your existing customers’ data alongside social media analytics can help you tremendously with this job.

Prioritize Relationships

Here’s a pro tip: Only 20% of your company’s content should be about making a sale – the other 80% is supposed to educate, entertain, and familiarize your audience with your brand and why they should buy from you.  

Consistently engage with your audience through mentions, stories, messaging, re-posting, hosting giveaways, working with influencers, etc., and really put in the work to form long-lasting brand-consumer relationships.

Lift Your Business with Social Media

Social media is of great value for small businesses across the globe, but handling it unprofessionally can lead to unfavorable outcomes.

Hiring a reputable agency for your social media is highly recommended if you want to see fast, steady growth in your follower count, engagement rate, website visitors, and sales.

If you are looking for one that is affordable and has a team of social media experts to work on your brand profiles, then 2BTech is the perfect option for you.

2BTech is an experienced social media marketing agency in Lahore and can fulfill every social media responsibility with the utmost level of professionalism, innovation, creativity, and timeliness – intended to achieve outstanding results for your business.

Contact 2BTech.

David Hudson
David Hudson
David Hudson is a dedicated content writer with three years of experience in the business niche. His ability to produce high-quality content, infused with industry knowledge and expert insights, has made him a sought-after writer. With his exceptional writing skills and expertise in SEO, David continues to drive good content on websites, helping businesses thrive in the digital landscape.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Related Stories