Before planning your first Desert Safari Dubai, here are all you need to know. Here are some of the most popular types for you to choose from, based on your interests and how you like to travel.
Types of Desert Safaris
- Morning desert safaris
The predawn tours let you see the sunrise and enjoy the quiet and cool morning before the crowds arrive. This is a great time to enjoy adventure activities on the dunes without the hot sun beating down on you in the afternoon. Some morning desert safaris, like hot air balloon rides over the desert, are only available in the morning. In a camp made in the style of a Bedouin, you can enjoy a delicious breakfast with Arabic coffee, dates, and traditional sweets to end your morning.
- Evening desert safaris
If you don’t like getting up early, an evening desert safari will give you the best of what the Dubai desert offers. Usually, your evening desert safari tour starts in the late afternoon, between 3 and 4 p.m., with exciting activities like falconry, sandboarding, dune bashing, and quad biking. Before the sun goes down, take a slow camel ride back to camp and watch as the colors of the desert change into beautiful shades of yellow, orange, and blue. But the desert comes to life when night falls. Dream Night Tours’ Dubai Evening Desert Safari Tour includes cultural activities like henna painting, belly dancing, and fire shows.
- Overnight desert safaris
At Overnight desert safaris, you can eat delicious food and watch live performances. Wake up to fresh Arabic coffee and head back to Dubai for a full day of exploring the city. It’s not a good idea to spend the night in Dubai’s deserts without a guide, so book a tour with Dubai Overnight Safari with The Planet Adventures to ensure your plans and needs are taken care of for your trip to the desert.
Cost and Budget for Desert Safari Tour
There are many different kinds of tours, so the price of a desert safari will depend on the tour company, the length of the time (whether it’s during the day, at night, or for more than one day), the activities included, and the type of transportation, food options, and many other factors. It includes camel riding, sandboarding, dune bashing, photo opportunities at sunset, and the option to add a visit to a desert camp with fun activities and food. The Dubai Desert Safari Private Car tour is a good deal if you travel with a group. For a group of five, it costs just AED183 (US$50) per person.
Spend $100 to $500 per person on a luxury desert safari to see the Dubai desert like an Emirati prince or princess. Most of the time, these high-end tours include pick-ups from hotels in a private luxury car, fancy drinks and multi-course meals, private campsites and lodging, and other high-end extras. For just AED367 to AED734 (USD100 to USD200), you can upgrade to a luxury desert safari like the Premium Luxury VIP Desert Safari or the Dubai Heritage Land Rover Desert Safari.
The best time for a safari is between November and March
The nice weather also means that it’s the height of tourist season, so you can expect to see a lot of people at popular spots.
But the weather in the desert is very different from that in the central city of Dubai. Evenings and nights in the desert are usually cooler than in the city, so a desert safari in the afternoon or evening during the summer is also a great idea. Most tour companies don’t provide morning desert safaris during the summer because it’s too hot.
What to wear on a trip to the desert?
- Cotton and linen are great options since they are lightweight and airy, and they don’t absorb as much heat as other textiles.
- The best way to protect yourself from the sun and stay warm at night is to wear tops and pants with long sleeves. It’s also more comfortable to ride a camel or a quad bike.
- Wearing a skirt is not recommended if you plan on engaging in outside activities.
- Bring a jacket in case it gets cold at night or in the evening. A shawl is also a great way to stay warm and keep the sun and dust off you during the day.
- Put on a sun hat, sunglasses, and lots of sunscreens.
- Shoes with any kind of cover are OK, but sandals are preferable due to their durability and clean ability.
Tips for your first Dubai desert safari
- Drink water. Bring a lot of water and cash in case you need to buy more along the way.
- It can be rough to go dune bashing. Don’t eat or drink too much before the experience; if you’re pregnant or have serious health problems, you should skip the activity.
- Discover which Dubai desert safari best suits your needs in terms of cost, desired level of luxury, and specific interests. Read More About Desert safari.
Read other articles click here